When you think about baking bread most people automatically think of having to knead the dough for a long time to get a that beautiful delicious texture in the bread.
Fear not my friends, this recipe is going to take a way all the extra “physical” activities out of bread making.
During the quarantine months, I tried different versions of this no-knead recipe and this one ended up being my favourite one. A little planning a head of time and you too can have freshly baked bread for breakfast time.
Let’s get started!
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoon
- Wooden spoon
- Parchment paper
- Saran wrap
- Dutch oven (min 6 quart) or a pot with tight lid that can withstand 450 degrees oven heat.
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsps of salt
- 1/2 tsp of instant yeast
- 1 1/2 cups of room temperature water
- Mix all dry ingredients in your mixing bowl. Add your water in to the dry mix till you create a thick, clunky, sticky & weird looking dough. If you need more water add a tablespoon at a time of water till everything is wet but not too wet. Remember this is a no-knead bread so mix everything and cover with the plastic wrap and set aside in room temperature for 12-18 hours. The more you let it be, the fluffier the result will be. I make the dough in the afternoon before dinner time so by breakfast time next morning it’s ready to be baked.
2. When it’s time to bake your bread, preheat your over to 450 degrees and stick your dutch oven or pot inside the oven during preheating time (30 mins). You need a very hot environment for your dough to become crunchy on the outside and soft inside. While the oven is warming up, cut a piece of parchment paper and sprinkle with ample flour to create a working surface for yourself. Gently scrape the big & fluffy dough to the floured paper.Shape the dough into a nice ball and cover with saran wrap again to rest a bit longer till the oven is ready. Again, do not knead!
3. When pre-heating of the oven and your pan is done, remove the plastic wrap and move both the dough and parchment paper inside the pan. The paper should line the bottom of the pan. Be very careful while handling the pan and the lid as they are SUPER HOT! Cover the pan and stick it in the oven for 30 mins. Remove the lid and bake for another 10-15 mins to get the crust crunchy. Your bread is baked! Let it cool down a bit before serving it like a proud baker!
Enjoy eating your bread with your favourite people and letting them oooh and ahhh about your skills. No one needs to know the details!
Love to hear how your bread making experience so don’t forget to leave a comment and let me know how your breads turn out!!