While I was gone on vacation in Nikiti (northern Greece) I realized that it’s been so long since I just relaxed while I was away. Sitting around and do nothing, just relax and all I have to think about was how long I want to sleep in, what I want to eat and which part of the beach I want to fall sleep on.
So here is a list of what I did while I was enjoying a more simple life in beautiful Halkidiki region of Greece.
1. Sleep in, wake up knowing I don’t need any makeup and all I have to wear is a bikini, SPF 30 and sunglasses! (yes, in my mind I look like Cindy when I’m in a bikini! hahaha)
2. Eat breakfast at “Day-by-Day Cafe”; bougatsa sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon and a bottle of chocolate milk or tea.
3. Pick a beach to go to, hardest decision of the day! Talgo, Mango, Kalogria….All great…
4. After falling sleep under the sun for a bit, I refresh myself with a cold frappe and water before I go for a swim.
5. Lunch time, juicy pork gyro and a bowl of Horiatiki (village) salad. So refreshing and oh so good!! Apparently the Greeks like their peppers, you don’t get hot peppers on Greek salads anywhere outside of Greece; at least I haven’t seen them.
6. Counting how many people are wearing speedos and kindly point them out to unsuspecting friends for s**** and giggles. Power nap time on the beach. God I love Europe, siesta time and simple living.
7. Drive back to the hotel while watching the sun go down over the bay.
8. Get ready for dinner by 9, 10 or 11pm. hahaha, and that’s early! On the menu tonight tyrokafteri (hot pepper cheese dip), bread, Fried mussels, grilled squid stuffed with feta cheese with rice, salt cod-fish, fried zucchini, tzatziki sauce and oh so many other foods. I sooooo miss the food, sigh…. I almost forgot the Greek wine, kinda strange tasting at first but not bad.
9. Drive to Marmaras and hangout at Molos lounge by the water till early morning hours… The Greeks haven’t heard of these lines “Last call” or “closing time”….SUPER!
10. Drive an hour to Kalithea to go to the “clubs” which are giant-sized roofless buildings; used for entertaining youth with loud music while they are dancing and being intoxicated with a variety of alcohol choices! lol Dance the night and the morning away…Last time check before dropping on my bed still in my clothes from the night before, 6.30am!
I’m sad to be back, but hey now I can start planning my next vacation and that’s exciting! Australia, HERE I COME!!!! 🙂