Here are 10 rules to live by according to Diane von Furstenberg.
1. Trust yourself. To be attractive you need to have confidence and confidence comes from knowing who you are and what you believe in.
2. Accept the passage of time. The older you get the easier it becomes to see the deeper meaning and beauty of growing old.
3. Document your days. Take pictures, write journals, anything to keep a record of your life.
4. Your suitcase symbolizes your life. Know a woman by the way she packs, if she knows how to pack, she knows how to live a simple life.
5. Fashionable friends. Choose clothes that make you happy, so every time you open your closet you see something special.
6. Dress your personality. “Authenticity is key”. Don’t dress to be someone else, dress for your personality.
7. Use your feminine power. Being born a woman gives us extra privileges and powers. Use it wisely and respectfully.
8. Your handbag is your guide. Organize your purse before you head out. It makes life easier when you have everything you need sorted out.
9. Indulge yourself. Have a spa day and treat yourself to a massage once in a while.
10. Lead a balanced life. Experience life, travel, learn and work. Be active and eat healthy.